Monday, January 28, 2013

Pictures!!!

I finally remembered my camera to upload photos to my computer and then post them - so here are some photos of where I live and what I've been doing!!


      

This first picture is the view out of my bedroom window!!  I live in a kind of "gated community" that has apartment style housing for international students, first years and other students.  The next picture is half of my bedroom.  I have my own bathroom and my room is attached to the smallest kitchen I have ever seen - but my bed is comfortable and I have a killer view - so that makes up for the less than perfect cooking space.


This is one of the mountains that we can see from the area of campus I live in.  It's called Stellenbosch Mountain and some friends and I decided that we were going to climb it on one of our days off (more to come).  I haven't taken a lot of photos of town or campus because I never remember my camera.  But one of these days I will and I'll be sure to share them!

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    The pictures are great. Please keep them coming. Thanks for FaceTiming with 7th and 8th graders today. It is so important that the students I work with at Nobleboro hear about adventures. Seeing you will no doubt encourage a few to maybe take flight at some later time and see the world.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katie - nice digs! Certainly does look like a summer environment -- WE on the other hand have a slight snow cover, with freezing rain advertised for tomorrow and what they are calling a short burst of snow along the coast tonight, whatever that means! It is just so amazing that we have this means of communication and I take it you were talking with your Dad's class?! How very cool is that. Have fun - looking forward to the next installment.
    love
    Mrs. Ford

    ReplyDelete