Monday, June 17, 2013

"All by Myself"

After we got back to Stellenbosch, I had about two weeks to just hang out before my parents and my brothers came to visit and when I needed to be out of my apartment.  I didn’t do anything that interesting within the two weeks except be with people before they went home, manage the extension of my visa in Cape Town, visit Lynedoch one more time, and start packing up all my stuff.  It wasn’t very exciting and I spent a lot of time by myself because by the end of the first week, nearly everyone was gone.


The last picture of our car - back home in Stellenbosch.


Stellenbosch in the fall.  It was lovely when the leaves were colors, but not quite as lovely as Maine.


One of the things I had to do before I left was to return my bike.  By the end, its bell was broken (it fell apart on the first day), the seat had a small rip, and the pedals didn't work so I literally had to drag my bike (wheels not spinning) back to the place where I got it.

Some pictures of my room in the midst of packing.






One of the other things I had to do, was use up all the food in my room.  Neil had also given me a bunch of stuff before he left, so I had tons of flour to make delicious bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment