Saturday, April 20, 2013

Good Morning Stellenbosch!

I camped for a night on Stellenbosch Mountain with my friend Neil from Alaska.  After deciding to camp literally at the last minute, we started walking at around 11:00pm.  This sounds crazy, but it was a pretty full moon and we hiked to the first peak without any assistance from our headlamps.  After watching the sunrise (Neil needed photos for a class), we hiked back down after only a few hours.  Stellenbosch Mountain has a great view of the city and it was beautiful to watch the sunrise and hit the buildings.  It also was a great excuse for me to use my tent again.

The city!  It was so cool to watch the city wake up!

Good morning Katie!  Nice hair!!



Mountains in the Jonkershoek Nature Reserve.

This is a zoomed in picture of the area I lived in.

No comments:

Post a Comment