Saturday, March 30, 2013

Activity 3: Just Keep Swimming...

The next day where were about 3 different activities that we could choose from.  I chose to go kloofing again.  (Review:  kloofing is essentially jumping from cliffs into water).  I had so much fun doing this before, I figured I would try it again and experience a new river.  We stopped at a place to get wetsuits and life jackets (because the river water was actually quite cold).  Then we drove for a while up a mountain and hiked through someones backyard and through a jungle-esk forest before we reached the river.  We walked along the bank of the river and waded in the shallows for a while.  Climbing over rocks in a wetsuit was more difficult than I thought it would be.  Before we got to the first jump, we had to actually swim along for a while and than climb up some rocks to get to where we could jump.  We all took turns and than swam a ways more to the next jump.  After a few more jumps that were all around 8 meters (much shorter than Suicide Gorge) we had a snack on some rocks and than swam for about 30 minutes before our van met us at the company’s camp along the river.  We returned our wetsuits and life jackets and then headed back to the hostel.  I spent to rest of the day reading and just hanging out.


Sorry - no pictures.  I don’t have an underwater camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment