Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 5: The Windy City

Windhoek was not windy, but I thought it was a clever title.  We spent the day in Windhoek walking around, poking around in all the touristy shops and checking out some meteorites..  We dropped Sam off at the bus station so she could start her trip to Victoria Falls.  It was sad to see her go, mostly because it meant that I was left alone with Thomas and Neil and their grossness without an ally.  After dropping Sam off we spent some time with our map on the hood of the car to plan a little bit more of our trip and decided to spend one more night in the Cardboard Box.  We spent the rest of the day swimming, reading, and talking to the other cool people that called the CBB home.


***I got sand in my camera lens when we were playing on the dunes, so most of the pictures are either from Neil or my iPhone.  I just want to give a disclaimer and give Neil credit for his photography skills.

The freezing cold swimming pool at the Cardboard Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment